Friday, April 04, 2008

Runts, Battlestar

I'm at work.  It's quite here.  I can't believe that in just an hour and a half I'll be able to watch the best television show I've ever seen.  I'm anxious, I'm giddy, I think I might have to poo a little but I'm not sure, and I just can't stands it!

Something of substance:
I like Runts, (the Willy Wonka candy, not the smallest animal of a litter.  Well hell, I like those runts too.  I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like rooting for the underdog?), and I recently noticed that all Runts are not priced equal.  WalMart sells Runts cheaper than Best Buy, for example.  This past weekend, D.M.H. and I were at Wegmans, where they sell Runts by the pound.  Curious, I found the following:

Wegmans Price
$1.99/lb = $0.124/oz

Amazon.com Price
7oz @ $3.00 = $0.429/oz

Candy Crate.com Price
7oz @ $2.00 = $0.286/oz

Best Buy Price
7oz @ $1.49 = $0.213/oz

WalMart Price?
7oz @ $0.89 = $0.127/oz
7oz @ $0.79 = $0.113/oz

I can't remember the WalMart and BestBuy prices exactly, and that's crucial.  Damn.
Seriously though, who the hell is going to buy a three dollar box of candy on Amazon.com?
Maybe someone from a country where they're not sold.

Okay, back to waiting.

...

No comments: